Sunday, June 26, 2011

Moving

I've decided I've had enough of Rexburg.

I know 26 is not old, but I feel old in this town. I walk into restaurants and if the average age is 20 I have this immediate feeling like I should leave. Mostly because pure feelings of disgruntled anger usually follow after an 18-year-old girl yells out something idiotic to catch another 18-year-old boys attention, and will follow by literally jumping him in a tackle of flirtation. I think I am over that. I think I was over that at 21. I am like a grouchy old man who married a grouchy old man (who is also over crazy teenagers).

With all of this pent up anger we came to the decision to move. We found a place in the large city of Idaho Falls (pop. 56,813) where there are a whopping two Super Walmarts. Rexburg doesn't even qualify for that large of a mega store.

I am excited to move on from Rexburg and college life. I know Bryce has a lot more schooling and we will still be "in school" for at least 3 more years but the thought of not having to live where I went to school will be nice.

The downside of moving will be the difficulty of finding new friends. Rexburg has a plethora of young married couples to befriend. It will be hard to leave the friends we have made here. But like us, I know eventually those we have become friends with will move on too. So here's to new adventures!

6 comments:

Katie S. Hansen said...

I'm so excited for you! And you'll be much closer to your work, right?

Cherie said...

Lol: "I am like a grouchy old man who married a grouchy old man." You DID get married in Portland, but I'm pretty sure you're a grouchy old woman who married a grouchy old man. But I could be wrong.

Lara Zierke said...

If you had decided to move to Shelley, we could have been friends. But not anymore. :)

Unknown said...

Dang it Lara, I tried. But this place has a garage. It was too tempting.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! Just yesterday, I said to John,"I feel so old and grouchy! I get annoyed at young people, and I never thought I would do that."
Hey, we're bringing our junky clothes so we can help clean, move, whatever you need. Put us to work!

Daniel and Diana said...

I will be miss you tons!!!! but I'm happy for you guys =)
Thank goodness Bryce served his mission in Texas .. hopefully y'all can come visit us sometime!!!