Monday, January 19, 2009

Tribute to 2008

I thought I would make a video of my life this past year. I've had some amazing changes and firsts. I had my first kiss, I know it took long enough. I also came home from the mission.

It was a difficult transition for me. I spent many a night dreaming of returning to Norway, crying over not being there and wishing I never left. The dreams stopped about four months ago. I think the last one was the worst. It ended with me dreaming of driving down the freeway in Bodo Norway, looking at the people in the car telling them, "I was so happy here." I woke up crying. I am finally leaving that stage in my life and trying to find happiness where I am.

Returning to school was a challenge at first. I had to drop a class because I couldn't take the work load. It was the first time I took under 16 credits. I was physically and mentally exhausted. I didn't have time for church activities, and it was the first time I never attended even one ward social in a semester. I loved living with Meagan. It was good to have a close friend I could trust in and just dance and be myself with. She is a spiritual giant, I love going to the temple with her and listening to her philosophy of life. She is so deep.

My internship was great this summer. I learned a whole bunch about business, design, and how to work with clients and senior designers. I think it gave me a taste of what to expect when I graduate. (Which is in July!)

I finally started dating this year. I had gone on a handful of dates before my mission. Dating has proven to be difficult for me. I am super sensitive and have anxiety about how others think. I really want to find someone to love, but I still have a lot of growing to do first. I just need to settle on a boy and not get scared when they come after me.

My family has been good to me this year. They are still my biggest source of anxiety, but that's what family is for. You can get frustrated enough to forgive them. My Mom got me a cat. It stressed me out at first, but I love the little thing. I really wish I had her with me. Both my Mom and the Cat. :)

This next year hopefully will be better then the last. I hope there are some more positive changes in my life

3 comments:

Miles Milestones said...

I wish you were here with me too.

CarrieAnne said...

Kyss? Du glemte aa si det til meg og naa trenger jeg hele historien!

Jon M said...

I love it Kristen! Reminds me that I still need to make my recap video. :)