Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Koeven Family Reunion

As a child we would get an annual invitation to the Koeven Family Reunion. I would gaze at it and ponder how exciting it would be, I think I even tried to convince my Mom to take us. Since we lived so far from Utah we never went. Well when I got a personal invite mailed to Mrs. Kristen Phillips I couldn't resist. I had to attend. So we marked it on our calendars and set some cash aside to drive down.
This year they honored my beloved Grandma Theone. I thought it was precious they would dedicate the reunion to her. I read a little ditty about Grandma's life and there were images around of her life. My great Aunts Sheila and Mary were there. I love my Aunt Mary, she is such a sweetheart. Seeing her makes me miss my Grandma. Mary has a similar voice and it makes me melt. I love it!

My brothers joined us there, It was nice to see Jon, Janilee and Kent again. I have a great family. I forget how much I miss spending time with them.

I can't wait for my invite for next year!

1 comment:

Miles Milestones said...

Thank you for posting those pictures of the reunion. We attended the Koeven family reunion when you were a little girl and didn't remember. It was in Logan at the park. We got a cookbook of all the fun family recipes while there and I still have it.