Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cowboys and Indians

At work I found out that they take Halloween really seriously. They go all out with decorating the departments in different themes. This year Marketing decided to do the Wild West. Since I am way to uptight to be a saloon girl and find that a pioneer women costume would be lame, I went with an Indian. During General Conference I decided I would spend the many hours sitting around to good use and sewed my costume.

For creating something without a pattern I thought I did really well. The hair was inspired by project runway which I had spent all Saturday watching.


Bryce wanted to be the cowboy to my indian and came up with his costume. A new pearl snap shirt and some bullets polished off his costume. Funny thing was we met at a Halloween dance... and he was dressed up as a cowboy then. I think the little boy inside him always wanted to be a cowboy...or he just owns a hat.

Disclaimer:Bryce knows his skull mask is off center and demands new pictures.

5 comments:

Cherie said...

That is a HAUT costume Kristen! I'm going to steal it for next year. ;) Tell Bryce that I was alarmed that he posed for a picture wearing an off centered skull bandana...hehe

Miles Milestones said...

You look sooo cute Kristen and Bryce looks sooo scarey with his scull scarf. What a creative idea...cowboys and indians.

Megan said...

You sewed that without a pattern? I'm impressed. I also know nothing about sewing, so if I tried that, it would be a disaster. I want to be Michael Jackson for Halloween, but I don't have a party to go to, and my mom says I can't be Michael Jackson at the ward's trunk-or-treat because that's cross dressing.

Daniel and Diana said...

Oh my ! Kristen, you did an AMAZING job with your costume.. and your hair looks great as well!
Love both outfits!
Good job guys*

Johannes and Christine said...

Way to go Kristen - it looks great! Much better than the paper bag indian costumes we made our freshman year :) And yeah for project runway!!!! I can't wait until Thursday to see who wins!