Thursday, November 20, 2008

I wish this was a joke.


What? Redesign! How fun... unless you are redesigning to totally destroy your company. WHAT THE HECK PEPSI? Coming to a grocery store near you in the next few months is Pepsi's redesigned logo and packaging. As a 'future' package designer I think I vomited a little in my mouth when I saw what this national brand decided to do to itself. Not only does it look cheap and poorly designed it is as if the quality of the soda itself degraded in less then a second.
The frosted bottle looks cool and refreshing. I'll give them that. But look at it. hideous. The two dimensional logo looks as if a first year design student sat down at a computer and moved the the lines a little and turned it in hoping for a C.
All I am asking is Who allowed this... and who is the mastermind that talked this thing up?

1 comment:

Jon M said...

Not a joke. I opened up my Diet Pepsi and was like, "What the heck..."

I think it works with the diet stuff because the simple design communicates that there aren't any calories. I didn't know they were doing it to ALL their cans though...