Saturday, November 22, 2008

Painting








My Grandfather Olsen called me up with a request about three months ago... a painting of tulips. I am not madly skilled with painting, but I thought I'd give it a shot. So I browsed online for an idea... and then I went from there. I am pretty impressed with myself. My Grandpa liked it! It is actually pretty large. Maybe 32 x 60.




My Cousins came over while I was finishing it up. They wanted to join in on the fun and painted on some canvas themselves for Grandpa's birthday. Cameron did a painting of the Columbia River Gorge. He did a great job with painting in the lines. He is an awesome artist. Jayden helped a little too.
Jayden did something of her own design. A whole bunch of G's in different colors. It was really well balanced with the colors and I thought it was pretty.


Cameron went to Utah for Thanksgiving to drop the paintings off.

4 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

The North...the one the boy is holding is the North right?

Miles Milestones said...

I loved your painting. I hope your Grandpa enjoys it.

Unknown said...

Carrie... It looks like it! But I think it is actually the Columbia River Gorge.

Kimberly Bingham said...

Beautiful painting!