Wednesday, December 10, 2008

UPS

I started at UPS this week. I am working with a guy named Steve. He is super. We have a good time everyday. I run and deliver packages to people and businesses. The other day I saw the missionaries and wasn't going to wave... shame, I know. But Steve did! So I waved too. He is alright in my book now. :) I wear the ugliest outfit on the planet. It is like two times my size and the zipper on the pants is like 12 inches long. It goes up to my chest. It totally reminds me of the Mom's jeans skit on SNL. I fold it over just for my own sanity. People love me in Brown. Everyone is so friendly to me. If only as a missionary I got that kind of response. People feel open to talk with me and chat about anything. It is crazy how an outfit can change perseptions.

I went to the temple last night with my friend Kathleen. We did rock, paper, scissors to see who would drive. Luckily the lot fell on her because Jenessa had Missionary prep and I would have driven off with out her having a car. It was a good temple trip. We decided to go earlier and skip baptisms with the other members of the ward. 8 o'clock baptisms meant I would be up past midnight.

I am so excited for Christmas. My Dad put up the lights this weekend. It was magical.

In the car the other day I was driving a tired Ashlyn (3) to get a happy meal... telling her she couldn't be grumpy if I got her one.... well as we were driving down the street she kept looking around and was like,

"Oh how beautiful!"
"What's beautiful?"
"The diamonds."
"What Diamonds?"
"On the houses! Look at all the diamonds!"

She meant the Christmas lights. It was so cute. Then I was talking to her later and I asked what she wanted for Christmas... "lights on her house." What a cutie.

2 comments:

Kati Howard said...

Kristen, I tried to post a comment yesterday, but it wouldn't work. I just wanted to know why you didn't post a picture of you in your lovely uniform? j/k. But in all seriousness, I think it takes guts to wear an ugly uniform and do your job well. I never understood why bosses make employees wear ugly unfiroms, isn't it hard enough to just do your job well, without being humilated by an ugly unfiform.... come on.

Cherie said...

Question! Does Steve work part time as a radio man out of his basement? If so, that is the same guy I rode around with when I worked for UPS. How funny would that be? I told him I had just gotten home from a mission if it is the same guy and we spoke about it. He probably wouldn't even remember me, but I swear his name was Steve.