Saturday, August 23, 2008

Family Beach Trip

Top row: Keith, Cherie, Lily, Mom, Dad
Bottom Row: Kent, Jenessa, Me, Jon
This is my lovely family. We had to take a new family photo due to the addition of two wonderful people. My Brother-in-law Keith and baby Lily. We had a family reunion of sorts this weekend. It was the first time we had all been together since my sister's wedding like 2 and a half years ago. I am the second to the youngest. My oldest sibling is Jon, who I call by his real name Jonathan... but am the only one who still does that. Then comes Cherie, Kent, Me and Jenessa.

We decided to visit Long Beach, WA because it was having a kite festival. We got yelled at by some kid for stepping on his kite string. WELL EXCUSE US FOR WALKING UNDER THE RESTRICTIVE ROPE! Haha. It was unusually sunny for a Northwest Beach trip and I enjoyed wading in the water. I love the feeling as the water pulls back and it feels like you are being rushed into the ocean... but in reality you are just standing in the same place.


The Board walk. You can kinda see all the kites in the background.


The Obama Kite! I pretty much have decided to vote for Obama this year. It's still up in the air though. Which I think a lot of people might find funny given I am still a strong Bush supporter. I guess I like Obama's ideas of change. I think this country needs some positive thinking and Obama gives me the optimistic jive that everything is going to work out. I vote republican the majority of the time, but feel McCain isn't for me. I got pretty upset during the preliminaries how my religion was treated by the party and press. It was mocked, defamed and cruelly criticized by the American population and more directly in the south. It was sad to read how so many still believe that we practice polygomy and believe we worship Joseph Smith. The Republican party and the south pretty much said we weren't welcome. Um, Hello, some of your strongest support comes in the Mountain States which have a huge Mormon population. I don't see how so many members are willing to support the party as strongly as they do. I saw the door they slammed in our face.

I will be voting for Dino Rossi (R) for govenor. His ideas are what I think the state of Washington needs. He should have won four years ago, and did (before three recounts where ballots started disappearing), governor of Washington State. I thought slimy politics won the current gov. power.

1 comment:

Cherie said...

I call him Jonathan too. He got weirded out whenever I called him Jon for some reason, so I stuck with his fam name (funny that his nickname is his real name).