Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New Beginnings


So, I should have introduced my roommates while I still lived with them. These are my buddies from La Jolla 213. Natalie, Megan, and Meagan! We also had two other roommates... but they hated us so they didn't get to be in the picture. My first semester back at school was tough for me. I am an underachieving overachiever which means I am pretty dang tough on myself. I spent most of the semester, like usual in my bedroom working on my computer or wasting my time on facebook. I took some classes that I liked, and some that I hated. I've gotten so picky about my teachers since I got back from the mission. I guess all the interaction with humans on my mission made it so I find qualities that I like or drive me mad!

I did well grade wise this last semester which was comforting. I am going to push through this last year and hope for the best. I finally landed an internship for this fall.
I am interning for a guy in my parents' ward (church congregation) named Ben. He owns a small baby company that specializes in fancy baby stuff. It's called pujbaby. They have a website at www.pujbaby.com. The stuff for pujbaby is super cute. It has a hip modern feel and reminds me of the stuff I would see in the baby boutiques in Norway. He is going to have me do the package design for some of their new and old products. I am so excited for that. They are going to look so fresh in my portfolio. Ben and his wife are industrial designers who come up with some really cool things. His style and mine match well and I think I'll be able to add to his business. I'll also being doing some design work for other projects he has.
I am looking forward to these next few months. Moving isn't on my list of things I want to do, but it will be fun to experience it.

2 comments:

Jon M said...

That looks like a really fun internship! Good luck and you'll have to let me see some of the stuff you come up with. :)

The Brewers said...

Hi Kristin! This is Hoku! I sneaked a peek at your blog from Kati's... hope you don't mind! Your internship sounds AWESOME! Hope all is well!