Saturday, July 12, 2008

You are living in the Monkey House

I was watching Project Runway the other day with Kent marveling at how Tim Gunn reminded me of my teacher Brother Burgener. It was weird how the use almost all the same phrases like... "(insert name), I am worried about this. Are you going to have time to finish?"

Well Tim said something that made me laugh and think. He was like, "You know when you enter the Monkey house, it smells really bad and you're like, "What's that smell?" Then after 10 minutes you don't really notice it anymore... then after an hour you are wondering why the people coming in are making such weird faces and gagging? Well, for the past month you've been living in the Monkey House..." He was referring to the weird outfits made of Human Hair collection, but I think we can apply that to ourselves.

How often do we sit and watch or do something, that we don't feel good about or know we shouldn't be doing... then after it starts to be a habit, those feelings don't really come anymore, and we live in the Monkey House and see nothing wrong. Complacency is a dangerous thing.

1 comment:

Kati Howard said...

Only YOU could put a useful twist to a phrase like 'living in a Monkey House'. :) You make me laugh Kristen!