Saturday, July 5, 2008

Wall-E Review


Wow, I think this is the first Animated Disney Movie aimed to discuss social problems. It was a mix of 2001 Space Odyssey, Soylent Green, and 1984. I was waiting for the robot on the ship to start singing, "Daisy!"
Definitely a man vs. the machine movie, and what will happen if we entertain ourselves to death.
I am not a fan of animated movies. Not in the least. So I was super hesitant to see this one. I had no idea what it was going to be about. I was actually impressed. And no talking animals. I loved how all Wall-e wanted to do was hold hands. SO CUTE!
The most interesting part of the movie was the end how they showed the progression of man through Art. I thought it was so cool from cave drawings, to Abstract (Van Gogh-like) they showed the development of man. Or chubby man.

1 comment:

Cherie said...

You forgot to blog busy girl.