Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Crab Rangoon

Look Mom I can cook!
Honestly Bryce is the better cook in the relationship. I feel like I am constantly making him things that are frozen and come from a bag. Poor guy. I have to assure him over in over that I can cook for my own sanity!
I absolutly love Crab Rangoon. I buy it every time I go to my favorite Thai food place her in Rexburg. I thought I would try and make some of my own delicious bites of heaven, not to be confused with the snowballs. So Bryce and I found a recipe and fried them up. They were rediculously easy to make, so if you are ever in the mood! Make a batch.



Crab Rangoon Recipe
50 -60 individual appitizers

Ingredients
1/4 cup sour cream
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temp
3/4-1 cup crabmeat, picked
2 green onions, sliced thin
1 clove garlic, minced (large clove)
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
wonton wrapper
oil (for frying)

Directions
1. Whip together the sour cream, cream cheese and soy sauce and sugar until smooth.
2. Fold in remaining ingredients (except wrappers) Heat oil to med-high and you want it around 1 1/2-2 inches deep.
3. Place a small bowl of water on your work surface and lay out 6 wrappers, and place around 1 1 1/2 t's in the center of each wrapper.
4. Moisten edges, bring up corners and pinch together, along with sides-you dont want filling to float away.
5. Place all 6 in the hot oil and repeat process.
6. By the time you have the next set of 6 ready to crimp it should be time to turn the rangoon's.
7. You want them a nice golden color.
8. When done remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towells.
9. Repeat until done.
10. Try to share.

2 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

Kjetil is the one that always bakes in our relationship and he is FAR better than me so don't feel too bad. Those look way yummy, I think I will need to try them sometime but I need to party to take them too so I don't eat them all by myself. I miss your blog being updated, I check it all the time but still the swiss miss. I am glad you updated it! Love ya!

Kati Howard said...

I love the "vintage" correll dishes on your counter. It would appear that we have the VERY SAME ones! Hand-me-downs of course from Tyler's parents. I suppose we're lucky these days that there are more than one kind of correll dish prints. I think we're also lucky that there are fashionable clothes for maternity wear. My mom said her maternity clothes consisted of moo moo's. Boy, am I glad I was born in the 80's. :o)

And did I hear that you are in a relationship? Yea!