Monday, June 15, 2009

A trip to Mesa Falls... kinda

We (Bryce and I) decided to take a weekend trip to Mesa Falls in Idaho. It isn't to far from Yellowstone. Sadly we started our trip with hope and were met with fear, anxiety, flesh wounds, and no waterfall. Basically our map sucked and didn't have the right directions.

At one point we were driving along this dirt road in my Buick century and I thought we were going to scratch up the sides and get stuck in the mud. I was thrilled when Bryce finally found a place to turn around. If we were in my brother Jon's jeep it would be a different story... but my little Grandma car couldn't take it, and to quote Pride and Prejudice... "Neither could my poor nerves."

We decided to stop along the way and explore near the river... on a safer road. After an hour of searching for the right turn off we gave up. This is where we ended up:



Bjorn on a rock

I was picking flowers when the guys decided to pee in the river. So out of courtesy I turned my back and refused to look down... I was on the hill. Well bad judgement because I slipped and slide down some rocks. Cutting my hand. Thus a flesh wound.


I like this picture. It's like a Madonna from a catholic painting.

Bryce and I cheesing it up for the camera! I love this picture of us.

No comments: