Monday, June 15, 2009

Washington DC

So I am going to start my post by making excuses as to why I haven't been updating... to put it simply I haven't had anytime because I was having too much fun. So I'll start with the beginning of my travels.
BYU-Idaho offers a internship expedition to major cities in the US. On of the cities was Washington DC. I had never been there so I thought, Why not? It was $200 for air and boarding and it was worth every penny.
I was amazed at how clean Washington was. I was expecting typical big city crime, graffiti and homelessness... but Washington can sure put on an act if those things exsist. It was easy to get around and I felt comfortable traveling alone. The one plus of the city is everything is free! All the national monuments and museums are free to enter and it was amazing the collections they had.

Jefferson Memorial
Washington Monument


Union Square: Christopher Columbus Statue


Arlington National Cemetery



Arlington National Cemetery
I would love to travel here again. It was so fun... but next time, I'm bringing friends.


No comments: