Sunday, May 15, 2011

Jackson!

I know...It's about time I updated our blog. I really do come on here like everyday...and everyday I have nothing exciting going on or something I should complain about publicly so nothing is ever updated. But, I made it a goal to write about my amazing birthday weekend.

Life has been a little stressful for me and it's been a month of me coming home and complaining about my inadequacy and far to many silly tears. Bryce and I made a list of things that make me happy and one of them is car trips. Since my birthday is coming up we thought it would be a great time to get out of town and relax...so we went to Yellowstone and Jackson, WY. We headed out midmorning and drove north through Montana and West Yellowstone. The park only recently opened up from the winter. We were astonished how much snow was still there.

Obligatory car photo! See ya Rexburg!

The first animal we spotted! A Buffalo on the side of the road!

Elk!

Bryce took this shot through the trees...my little photographer!

The stinky sulfur pools

A gushing geyser.

Us in front of a fore mentioned Gushing Geyser...

The snow on the side of the road.

About half our trip through the park looked like this. I guess they had a lot of snow this winter and just opened some parts of the road last week. Good thing it was clear for our drive to Jackson because we really didn't check the road status.

Jackson Lake and the Tetons. They were amazingly beautiful.

I feel so blessed that we got the chance to get out of town for the weekend. My husband made everything special. I am lucky to have him.

We stayed over in Jackson on Saturday and walked around the town. It was fun to just get away from everything. It was an amazing birthday weekend...now I have to think of a way to top that for Bryce next month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You fun road-trippers! Glad you had a sweet birthday weekend away from home and work with your sweetie, Kristen. Love to you both! Ma & Pa :) :)

Miles Milestones said...

You have such an awesome husband. You picked right. And I am glad you had a good time on your road trip. Thank you for posting the pictures.

Cherie said...

You could bring Bryce back to touch the hot water...