Saturday, May 21, 2011

Planting Season

We finally got around to planting our seedlings today. This year we planted squash, onions, cabbage, and a tomato. Last year our tomatoes didn't do so hot so we thought we would try just one this year.

Gardening in an apartment can be difficult because obviously everything needs to be in a planter. Bryce and I were talking about how we can't wait to be home owners someday and have a giant garden in our backyard. For now our little planters will do! And I can't wait to see how everything grows.


I did a pot of annuals this year. We got a flyer in the mail for four free annuals and four vegetables. I figured we shouldn't pass that up and we bought a few more flowers to go with it. Lets hope I didn't plant everything too close together. I'm new at this and am learning from every years mistakes.

2 comments:

Kati Howard said...

Your flowers look oh so cute! I feel ya in this department. I can't WAIT to have a YARD and space to grow things as I please. For now, apartment dwelling merely gives us a patch of concrete-- thus we are container growers too. (Ps. I don't think you're annuals are too close together. I like to cram them close anyways. And you can always pinch them to keep them under control.) Happy Gardening!

Lara Zierke said...

Hey...I didn't know you had a blog!