Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Halloween


Halloween is one of my favorite Holidays. I think it may be my actual favorite. It used to be St. Patricks day, but then I found it had no real enjoyment or premise with Leprechauns not being real and all. I love Halloween because it really is all about giving and enjoyment. What could be better for a child then getting to play after dark in a fun costume and getting candy. It may have been the Hallmark people and retail stores invention, but it was so kind of them. The whole concept of Halloween kind of goes over the head of Norwegians. They think it is all about being scary and tricking people and wearing goulish costumes. No people. Be princess's!
Halloween is the one day you can legally pretend to being something silly without getting weird looks. And you get to do a community service project. Little kids knock, you give them candy or something to that effect and they say thank you and you feel good about yourself and that you added to that childs enjoyment. Now honestly they aren't going to send you a thank you card, but in the cup of excitement you added a drop to the whole.
I was going to be Pippi for Halloween, but the costume required work. So I bought some black cat ears for four bucks. I am going to try to make myself into a skunk. Put a white streak in my hair. I put the ears on a few days ago and walked up to the cat. He totally freaked out. He hunched his back and puffed himself out. Now I put them on and run after him, it makes for great fun. I saw him attacking the ears during the middle of the night two nights ago.
I can't wait for the 31st!

1 comment:

CarrieAnne said...

Du får meg til å le! Og du sover med katten din...awesome! :) Love ya!