Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Updated Blog

I finally got around to making a blog background. It took me long enough. I totally stole a girls idea for a top background image. She made one on Copenhagen that looked pretty awesome so I just took some of her elements, replaced all the buildings and the boat and put things in the exact same spot. Denmark... psssh. I had to add all my friends again on the side. It took forever, and if I left you off tell me. I didn't mean too.

On Monday I went to Powells books with my friend Lydia from High School. It was a blast. I drove downtown Portland for the first time. I only went the wrong way on a one way road once. I think that is some semi-form of an accomplishment. I will honestly admit I am a poor driver. I have given up on the fact I will ever be good.

Lydia and I went to a book reading by this Catholic woman. The book was all about Acedia. A word meaning a feeling of darkeness and lazyness. It was a sin. Pretty much she wrote a whole book about one word. She could have just called it depression and got on with it because that's what from the description of the word and her readings it meant. She really hated her dead husband. She kept ragging on him. Lydia said she does it in all her books. It was really annoying her. If my husband, if I ever get one, died I would at least try and say nice things about him instead of writing books about how he gave me "Acedia".

Lydia and I are going to start practicing violin together. She is going to help me out and she is going to get her fingers moving again. Lydia was in Poland this past year studying violin at a university in Krakow. The girl has some amazing talent.

2 comments:

Kati Howard said...

Lydia... as in Lydia Tang? Wow. I miss being home and seeing old friends. It's always so hard to keep in touch with people when you're in boring old Idaho. Okay- it's not too boring, at least not in Boise- but I miss SW WA.

That's too bad about the depressing book reading. And good for you only making one wrong turn. :)

LOVE your new blog background. You are very talented yourself!

CarrieAnne said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! That is stinkin' amazing! Why can't I be as cool as you? Thanks for the comments, it was fun to see pictures that you have drawn and artwork you have made. You are so creative Miles. I took some fun pictures for you today. Hope you like them