Saturday, October 25, 2008

Trunk-or-treating

I went to trunk-or-treating at the church this Friday with Cameron, Jayden and Ashlyn. We had such a blast. There was bingo, carnival games, a chili dinner. I was totally impressed with whoever planned it. If I was a kid it would have been the time of my life. Ashlyn went as a princess, Cameron was a vampire, and Jayden was a 50's poodle skirt girl. Jayden won best costume. I dressed up as a cat and Jenessa was a cheerleader. My Mom went as an athlete.

As we were leaving Jenessa and I both admitted to wanting a bag of candy ourselves and were plotting on how we could go trick or treating for Halloween. We thought masks might work. DANG BEING A GROWNUP! Is it wrong that I am 23 and still want to participate in activities for children. My Mom was totally against the idea. She said she would buy us the candy. But that just isn't as fun.

My favorite moment of the night was with Ashlyn. It didn't dawn on me she was 3 and probably had no clue what we were doing. I thought she would just know! She is so smart for her age I forget how little she actually is. So we get to the first car, and I was like, "What do you say?" and she looked at me a little confused and was like, "thank you." It took us a good five minutes to get the "trick or treat" going. But she was totally amazed at the fact she just held out her little ghost bag and got candy!

She "shared" her candy with us the rest of the night.

After we had a sleepover and read scriptures and watched Annie. Poor Jayden was so tired she fell right to sleep. The kitten slept right next to her the whole night.

Speaking of the kitten. Since I was dressed up as the cat I came in the room and was talking to the kids and then I look down and the kitten is totally freaking out and hissing and puffing herself up. Her little teeth showing. I forgot I had my costume on... the little thing ran away and it took us three hours to find where she was hiding.

1 comment:

Miles Milestones said...

I really don't think you could pass it off...besides I have so much candy here that there will probably be some left over. You can dress up and hand out candy if you want.